Space Systems Lab
University of Maryland
Current Events in the SSL
This page contains recent important information about
Space Systems Laboratory.
- We recently said a sad goodbye to Shigeru Narihiro, a visiting post-doc from Honda in Japan. He was working with Dr. Rob Sanner on advanced adaptive controllers for SCAMP.
- The SSL continues to produce talented graduates! Congraduations to our most recent group of Masters Grads: Emily Tai, Nick Scott, Rebecca Besser, Zakiya Tomlinson, John Mularski, Agnieszka Koscielniak, Elizabeth Benson, Teresa Buchholz and Timothy Wasserman. This fine group had a great impact on the lab and will surely go on to do amazing things. Good luck in your future careers!
- Adam Mirvis, Ali Husain and Heather Bradshaw won the University of Maryland's undergraduate video competition! Way to go MX-2 Team! The team did an incredible job creating a video designed to educate and inspire 8th graders. The amazing winning video can be seen here, check it out!
- Congraduations to our most recent graduates Enrico Sabelli and David Gruntz! Enrico is moving to Montreal and David is moving to Houston, where both will continue their exciting careers in aerospace. Good luck and thanks for all your contributions to the lab!
- Congratulations to Joseph Gland who was recently awarded a National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship! He will use this fellowship to advance his research in Autonomous Rendezvous and Docking with SCAMP.
- Shane Jacobs was recently accepted to the International Space University Summer Session to be held in Beijing, China! Shane is looking forward to this incredible experience and can't wait to meet many of the future leaders in the aerospace industry.
- The SSL recently had a few days of excitement and intense photo-diving when Lenovo shot a print advertisement in the tank! It was a fun time for everyone, look for the ad coming soon to a magazine rack near you! (photos)
Back to Top